Re: Build error on CentOS 6.3

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Build error on CentOS 6.3
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 18:39:40 -0400

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 10:08 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 9 May 2013 23:13, Leo Liu <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Basically 'configure' doesn't complain and let 'make' run for minutes to
>> generate the error. This is a huge waste of time.
>
> No warnings either? I see that there is code for warnings for
> QScintilla and texinfo.

I was able to reproduce this error when building without QScintilla,
just pushed a fix for this:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/d788ee8b8a99

>> 'make' keeps complaining 'gperf' not found even though that package is
>> installed. it stopped after I installed gperftools-devel.
>
> This is odd. What are we using gperf for? It might be a libtool thing.
> I'll try to look into it later.

Yes to gperf, but you shouldn't need gperftools. I have Octave
building fine on CentOS 6 with gperf but no gperftools. Are you sure
you ran (or re-ran) configure after gperf was installed? It has to be
detected by configure or else it won't be used.

--
mike