Re: The octave-unstable PPA

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: The octave-unstable PPA
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 17:38:18 +0100

On 14 May 2013 17:29, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
> would prefer if there was a very clear way to indicate that this is a
> development, unstable, experimental, broken version,

I'd imagine that label it as unstable should suffice to mean it is an
unstable version. It is after all, named unstable. If Ubuntu users are
conditioned to misunderstand that word, which word should we use?

Note that it's not random versions/changesets being built on the
unstable PPA. Only the numbered unstable versions are being
distributed.

> and if you're
> using it, that's because you want to participate in Octave
> development.

What about having Octave print a big startup message, like it already
does, saying exactly that? It would remind users of what they are
using every single time they start Octave.

> Is it possible to make this PPA private or less prominent?

No.

Carnë