Re: closed loop control GSoC Design Question

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: closed loop control GSoC Design Question
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 20:13:31 -0400

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks for the valuable feedback.

1)  Since I have never used the uiXXX functions, is there an example in octave that I can see running?

I don't have any example to show to you (there's a basic test script in QtHandles, but it only uses uimenu and uicontextmenu). The uiXXX functions are deemed to be compatible with Matlab, so if you want to learn what they do, with some concrete examples, you know where to look.

2) Michael, have you used the sisotool in Matlab? I am just wondering if you know how big this tool is. In Matlab It runs like a separate program, with its own tool bars and menus etc.

No, I've never used sisotool. So I can't judge whether it can be implemented 100% with uiXXX functions. Note however that the uiXXX functions allow you to create a GUI in figure window (with buttons, scrollbars, textedit, labels, menus, toolbars...).

Michael.