Re: GSOC 2013 - FEM LIBRARY

From: Júlio Hoffimann
Subject: Re: GSOC 2013 - FEM LIBRARY
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 12:52:20 -0300

> Ideally, namespacing Octave classes should be done by some sort of CPP
> magic (read: not C++) so that it can be selectively enabled.

Jordi,

I think we can do it without pre-processing, I did a similar attempt in the past on a monstrous code base: LibreOffice proposal for consistent namespaces

There was a flame war, but in the end people started to consider the proposal. I'm not contributing to LibreOffice anymore, they care too much about backwards compatibility, that doesn't excite me.

Best,
Júlio.