Re: Octave-maintainers Digest, Vol 86, Issue 83

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Octave-maintainers Digest, Vol 86, Issue 83
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 12:04:16 -0400

On 4 June 2013 17:58, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 4 Jun 2013, at 23:45, Kai Torben Ohlhus <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Let's say I made a code modification in "libinterp/corefcn/luinc.cc".
>
> As I finally dared to admit in a recent post I am not always completely sure
> I understand what should go where in Octave's source tree, but I think your
> file would fit better in
>
> libinterp/dldfcn/luinc.cc

libinterp/dldffcn makes sense for ITSOL, since it's an external
library that doesn't need to be loaded every time Octave starts. It
used to be that we had a lot of other functions in there, even for
functions that didn't actually use external libraries. It makes sense
to avoid the dlopen system call or equivalent for functions that
aren't actually loading external libraries.

The other three subdirectories under libinterp already mentioned
should probably be merged somehow into a single one.

- Jordi G. H.