strjoin change ramifications with escape sequence behavior

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: strjoin change ramifications with escape sequence behavior
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 14:41:08 -0500

Stefan,

I see a recent mod in the source tree for the script strjoin.m. Could you please look at this again and consider if your change alters the behavior of the routine? I'm not sure what the routine is supposed to do exactly, but I'm just noting that sprintf() has varied behavior for the way "escape" sequences are handled. For example:

Before change:

strjoin({"Octave","Scilab"}, "\n")
ans = Octave
Scilab

After change:

strjoin({"Octave","Scilab"}, "\n")
ans = Octave

John, perhaps you could look this one over as well. I'm just curious why inside the Octave script displaying [cstr(:).'; delimiter(:).']{:} results in the following:

ans = Octave
ans =

ans = Scilab
ans =

while the return value after Stefan's change shows only the first portion of that result. I guess a routine can't return multiple answers.

Dan