Re: Audio playback and classes

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Audio playback and classes
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 18:01:24 -0400

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 15:15:23 -0400, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 17 June 2013 16:08, Vytautas Jancauskas <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I have a question relating to octave classes. For the moment player is
>> implemented as a C++ class that inherits from octave_base_value. What
>> is required to convert it to proper octave class?
>
> There are two ways. One that is implemented in default and another in
> the classdef branch. The one in default is documented in the manual:

That is the implementation we are targeting, we don't need classdef
for this project.

If I can try to rephrase part of the original question that hasn't
been addressed, since I talked with Vytautas about this earlier and I
didn't know:

>> Must I implement
>> wrappers in octave code for stuff such as get and set methods to work
>> or is it possible to do everything from C++?

If we want to override the get() and set() functions for a new Octave
class, audioplayer in this case, do those functions have to exist as
m-files in a @audioplayer directory or can they be done in one or more
C++ oct-files?

You will need a get and set method defined in a @audioplayer directory, but they can be simple wrappers around some internal functions, which can then exist anywhere in octave path (even as an autoloaded function).

Michael.