Re: Terminal view alignment at bottom might be better

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Terminal view alignment at bottom might be better
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 10:06:32 +0200

On 06/22/2013 09:21 PM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

The code in this file is derived from somewhere else, so I'm not sure
how we handle this situation. Just make edits?

Yes.

I suppose there are two ways to address this:

1) Allow alignment at the top left, but make sure there is no fractional
line at the bottom. Instead, allow there to be a fractional line of
white space at the bottom.

2) Alignment at the bottom left, which means that the top of the
terminal window is where there will be a fractional line.

I kind of prefer the second behavior for the reasons that the top of the
window isn't where the user's eyes are drawn when typing and also a
fractional line at the top does give the impression that the text is
scrolling upward and there might be additional lines scrolled past the
top of the window.

I think I would also prefer the second option.