Re: Spying, privacy, and Octave

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Spying, privacy, and Octave
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 12:07:34 -0400

On 26 June 2013 11:40, John Swensen <address@hidden> wrote:
> While I am against governmental monitoring as much as the next person, isn't
> the intention of broadcasting the conference for wide public dissemination
> of the content.

Sure, but some people should be able to attend without their
activities being broadcast. I also know that jwe would like to have
some private talks about certain sensitive issues.

I'm not saying nothing should be broadcast, but some things shouldn't be.

> For personal and private communications any of the open-source,

Open source is a development methodology. Its stated goals are only
tangentially related to ensuring people's freedom to decide what to
broadcast or not.

> can we not just "use something that works"?

That's why I asked if Jitsi works or not.

- Jordi G. H.