Re: Audio playback and classes

From: Vytautas Jancauskas
Subject: Re: Audio playback and classes
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 11:56:03 +0300

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 12:32 AM, Michael Goffioul
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Vytautas Jancauskas <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>>
>> > Maybe I misunderstood your question, but octave supports intXX and
>> > uintXX
>> > types and you can get that type through the "class" function, like the
>> > following:
>> >
>> > octave-cli:2> class(int8(rand(1,10)*256))
>> > ans = int8
>> >
>> > Michael.
>> >

>> Maybe I am doing something wrong, but y.is_int8_value() fails if y is
>> an octave_value that was created with int8(something) in octave.
>

> Probably. There's no "is_int8_value" method, maybe you mean "is_int8_type"?
> And AFAICS, the latter will return true for octave_int8_matrix and
> octave_int8_scalar classes.
>
> Michael.

All playback modes supported on MATLAB should be working now. It would
be great if people tried it out and reported any problems. It should
work just like MATLAB classes. The only exception would be 24 bit
playback on big endian systems which does not work yet.