Re: Java support in MXE build

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Java support in MXE build
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 07:06:09 -0700 (PDT)

Anirudha Bose wrote
> <snip>
>> Before building Octave today (cloned from repo) on MinGW using MXE-built
>> dependencies, I did (from MinGW home subdir):
> <snip>
> Hi Philip.
> I did what you instructed above while cross-building mxe-octave, but I am
> still getting the same errors. I will now try the same natively on
> Windows.
> Did you successfully cross-compile Octave with Java and JIT support?

Read again :-)
No I didn't cross-compile, nor did I build using MXE - but I did use the
MXE-built dependencies.

BTW It turned out I've overlooked a sneaky llvm error message in configure
output ('llvm-config not found') so after all JIT doesn't work yet. Chances
are JIT currently won't work anyway when building with MXE (cross or native)
as there's no llvm-config in the ./mxe-octave tree (but maybe I didn't look
hard enough).

Philip