Re: Moving to Octave Forge to mercurial

From: Alexander Barth
Subject: Re: Moving to Octave Forge to mercurial
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 22:07:22 +0200

Hi all,

I have my octave/matlab scripts on our local server which are distributed using svn. The scripts which are of general interest are on the octave-forge svn server (included as svn externals). I maintain a svn checkout on about 10 machines. Currently to deploy all my scripts I just need to do an svn checkout of the main folder of the svn tree and the subdirectories which are svn externals are pulled automatically using something like:

svn checkout svn+ssh://myserver.org/path/ main_folder
[which also checks my octave-forge packages out]

Pulling updates is also as easy: an 'svn up' in the main folder is sufficient. Any advise of doing something similar with hg would be very useful. However, it would not be possibly to transition our local server to hg.

> Jordi: Are you the only one working on these packages?

I think that I'm the only one working on the code that does the computations and the core functionality. However, I got some contributions to improve the build step and the portability.

Best regards,
Alex

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:08 PM, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:
On 30 June 2013 20:48, Alexander Barth <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm not in favour of switching to hg. svn works perfect for me. I'm using
> svn externals to combine my sourceforge scripts with some local scripts.
> Please do not move the packages: octcdf, optiminterp, ncArray, cgi and
> netcdf.

I have already converted the optiminterp package last week. Could you
give us more details on what those scripts are doing? We may be able
to help you adjust them.

Carnë