how to initialize "tightinset" for new axes?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: how to initialize "tightinset" for new axes?
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 11:52:58 +0200

The tightinset property for axes is not being initialized properly for new
axes.  I'm unfamiliar with how should be done .... but .... do we essentially
need to add

        sync_positions ();

... to graphics.cc(axes::initialize)?

void
axes::initialize (const graphics_object& go)
{
  base_graphics_object::initialize (go);

  xinitialize (xproperties.get_title ());
  xinitialize (xproperties.get_xlabel ());
  xinitialize (xproperties.get_ylabel ());
  xinitialize (xproperties.get_zlabel ());
}

Since sync_positions() is out of the scope of axes::initialize,  how can that
be done?

Ben