Re: Basic classdef functionality

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Basic classdef functionality
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 09:14:07 -0400

On 26 July 2013 02:54, Philipp Kutin <address@hidden> wrote:
> Then there's the curious spacing, for example:

You should note that the spacing between function calls and () is
significant. We don't use spacing when using () for indexing, but we
do use it for function calls.

The GNU C style is somewhat reminiscent of Lisp style.

By the way, for hacking on Octave, proficiency in C is not very
helpful, and I daresay, it may even interfere. We avoid pretty much
all the awful parts of C in Octave whenever possible. C++ is a
different language that only for marketing purposes includes most but
not all of C.

- Jordi G. H.