Re: Doxygen build

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Doxygen build
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 14:02:15 -0700

On 07/29/2013 01:14 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 29 July 2013 16:11, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I see that you added an all-local rule depending on doxyhtml.  If we remove
>> this it will go back to being an optional build.  Given that the docs are
>> 1.2G I'm pretty sure they should be optional.
> What's the right automake target to put there so that plain "make"
> inside that directory will run Doxygen? Is there one? I was trying to
> be clever and avoiding having to type "make doxyhtml" and hoping a
> plain "make" would work inside that directory.
Keep the all-local target in doc/doxyhtml/Makefile.am.  In the directory
above remove doxyhtml from the SUBDIRS list in doc/Makefile.am.  The
generated Makefile for the doc directory will now stop descending into the
doxyhtml directory during a recursive build.  That accomplishes part 1 of
making the build optional.  Now, if you actually cd into the doxyhtml
directory there is a Makefile with an all target that includes the
documentation which accomplishes part 2.

--Rik