Re: Please test new Doxygen building

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Please test new Doxygen building
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 07:29:24 -0400

On Jul 30, 2013, at 7:44 PM, Mike Miller wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 13:36:36 -0400, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>> Oops, can you please try "make doxyhtml" again? I accidentally removed
>> the necessary target.
>
> Here's a weird failure:
>
> $ doxygen --version
> 1.8.4
> $ make doxyhtml
> doxygen Doxyfile
> Searching for include files...
> Searching for example files...
> Searching for files in directory /home/mike/src/octave/default/examples
> Searching for files in directory
> /home/mike/src/octave/default/examples/@FIRfilter
> Searching for files in directory
> /home/mike/src/octave/default/examples/@polynomial
> Searching for images...
> Searching for dot files...
> Searching for msc files...
> Searching for files to exclude
> Searching for files to process...
> [...]
> Parsing file
> /home/mike/src/octave/default/liboctave/cruft/ranlib/tstmid.for...
> Error in file /home/mike/src/octave/default/liboctave/cruft/ranlib/tstmid.for
> line: 613, state: 17
> make: *** [doxyhtml] Segmentation fault
>
> If I add either "EXCLUDE = tstmid.for" or "EXCLUDE_PATTERNS = *.for"
> to Doxyfile it runs to completion. Not sure what it doesn't like about
> that one file.
>
> --
> mike

I'm seeing the same problem on Mac OSX, with

$ doxygen --version
1.8.3.1

As there are only 611 lines in tstmid.for, so I'd ignore the line number.

I did a google on "doxygen state 17 fortran" and found an example where a state
17 error was triggered by a variable name whose fist several characters matched
a keyword (spaces are ignored in Fortran,  so the leading characters are
technically a match for the keyword).

Looking at tstmid.for, I notice that "sum" is a variable.  However, "sum" is
also an intrinsic function.  A second example is the variable "type".  I
changed "sum" -> "xsum" and "type" -> "ctype".  Now "make doxyhtml" runs for me.

Ben