Re: Translating the manual into Russian

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Translating the manual into Russian
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 12:21:36 -0400

On 08/07/2013 11:46 AM, Олег wrote:

I would like to translate this manual
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/octave.pdf
I suppose I need the Texinfo sources. Where can they be found?
And I would like to getinstructions about that.

Partially in the doc/interpreter directory of the Octave sources. What's not there is distributed among all the other source files in the form of the doc strings for individual functions.

The biggest problem with maintaining a translation is that we currently have no way to translate doc strings for individual functions and notify translators when the sources change so that the translations can be updated.