Re: Bag in orth function if there is vector with big norm

From: Susi Lehtola
Subject: Re: Bag in orth function if there is vector with big norm
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 23:42:49 +0300

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 12:29:36 +0300
Polishchuk Vldimir <address@hidden> wrote:
> I find bag in orth if there is vector with big norm (for  example
> 10^30) orth return less vectors then it need return. I send test it
> test that. Possible decision of this bag divide all vector by it norm
> (any) if it not 0.

That's not a bug. See the man page:

 -- Function File: orth (A)
 -- Function File: orth (A, TOL)
     Return an orthonormal basis of the range space of A.

     The dimension of the range space is taken as the number of singular
     values of A greater than TOL.  If the argument TOL is missing, it
     is computed as

          max (size (A)) * max (svd (A)) * eps

--
Susi Lehtola