Re: extra head

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: extra head
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 10:31:34 -0400

On 16 August 2013 10:12, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have a shell script I used to (1) import, (2) push, (3) rollback, and (4)
> pull changesets.  The pertinent part is below.

Hm, I don't understand how you managed to create an extra head this
way, since "hg push" would have refused to push this way. Someone else
must have done "hg push --force".

I think there are better ways to work than what your script does, but
it may involve understanding more hg commands. I don't know if you
have the time or motivation for it. At any rate, there is nothing that
needs to be fixed immediately, and the minor situation of an extra
head on default is very easy to deal with.

I'll be curating this wiki page and let you and everyone else know
when it seems to be in good shape:

    http://wiki.octave.org/Mercurial

- Jordi G. H.