Re: dataframe implementation

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: dataframe implementation
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 15:21:37 -0400

On 16 August 2013 15:14, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
> You might take a look at
> http://abandonmatlab.wordpress.com/2012/08/07/matlab-cant-read-plain-text-data-out-of-a-wet-paper-bag/
> for a good take on the limited way in which Matlab handles data structures.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of this blog.

His only complaint with dataset is that it doesn't handle NA or NaN
values. I think that's an easy thing to patch up, and we just need
some improvements on how to read CSV files into datasets.

I think I agree with Ben that this could be a goo case for classdef.
I'll take a look at the classdef branch and see how far it can get us
with a dataset object.

- Jordi G. H.