Re: GNU Octave at GNU 30th hackathon

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: GNU Octave at GNU 30th hackathon
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 16:21:19 -0400

On Thu, 2013-08-29 at 15:34 -0400, Libby Reinish wrote:

> My name is Libby Reinish, and I'm a campaigns manager at the FSF

Hi, Libby. It's nice to hear from the FSF folks once in a while and
remember that Octave isn't just GNU in name. Please thank your fellow
FSF staff members for all the nice things they've done for Octave,
such as providing hosting and management of our donations.

> who is helping to organize the GNU 30th anniversary celebration and
> hackathon, September 28-29 at MIT in Cambridge, MA.
>
> We would love to have a hackathon for GNU Octave at the celebration.
> Is there someone who would be able to coordinate a hackathon for GNU
> Octave during the event?

I would like to go and could organise such a hackathon, but I am not
sure I could pay for much of anything to go there. I see that it's
unfeasible for the FSF to pay for me all the way?

As an aside, isn't this announcement on very short notice?

- Jordi G. H.