Re: Binary packages for 3.8

From: c.
Subject: Re: Binary packages for 3.8
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 21:55:15 +0100

Torsten,

Thanks for your new attempt!

On 29 Oct 2013, at 18:59, Torsten <address@hidden> wrote:

> Here is another patch disabling the custom context menu and enabling
> other stuff for the editor.

With this patch I can open a new document in the editor and type into it.
There is no syntax highlighting,
If I open the editor styles pane in the preferences I see an Octave style
and I can edit the corresponding options, but when I save the preferences
the interface crashes (see attached log).

The interface also crashes if I try to save a file to disk (crash log also
attached).

> Is there a way to get the (approximate) code line from the backtrace?
> AFAIK the backtrace's last column is the actual address expressed by the
> function name (start address) and an offset.

Maybe the crash reporter log provides more useful information?

> Torsten
c.