Re: developing the delaunayTriangulation class for Octave

From: c.
Subject: Re: developing the delaunayTriangulation class for Octave
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 14:50:59 +0100

On 11 Feb 2014, at 12:58, Richard <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have also contacted the author about Triangle to ask a technical question,
> but he did not respond, I wouldn't be too hopeful. I would actually suggest
> making the GPL gmsh (http://geuz.org/gmsh/) available through the (largely
> undocumented) C++ API which they now provide.

> I think the msh package is based on gmsh,

Yes it allows to import/export meshes generated from gmsh and to invoke gmsh on
a geometrical model to generate the mesh.

> but this would be a more direct approach. Yet another dependency though.

thanks to the ability to import FEnics meshes and thanks to the good selection
of format conversion tools
provided by FEnics, msh can now handle directly or indirectly a good number of
different mesh generator.

Therefore, I think it only makes sense to do new work on triangular/tetrahedral
meshes if we want to do so in a Matlab
compatible way, which requires using classdef.

c.