Re: Octave FAQ update about GPL

From: fgnievinski
Subject: Re: Octave FAQ update about GPL
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 03:20:16 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 6:11 AM, c.-2 [via Octave] <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 13 Feb 2014, at 08:32, Mike Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  There is no existing text to back this conclusion up, other than the
>  statement in the Octave FAQ that makes no distinction between m-files
>  that call no functions and m-files that do call functions.
>
>  If this is not true because the interpreted code calls GPL-licensed
>  library functions distributed with Octave, then we need to clarify
>  that better.

What about Octave-Forge functions?
These are distruibuted separately from Octave and can be called in m-files.
Why not ask about those too?

This would be case labeled "using parts of Octave Forge and likely most of the user submissions to Agora", which is distinct from the previous one, "using libraries shipped with Octave".

-F.