Re: need test run on Mac

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: need test run on Mac
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 19:43:28 -0600

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 6:51 PM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

On 27 Feb 2014, at 22:16, Dmitri A. Sergatskov <address@hidden> wrote:

Sorry, I think I might have misinterpreted your post, because
I don't fully follow your logic here:

you showed you can reproduce the same issue on a different
system with a different BLAS implementation than either me or Lukas,
and you conclude that the problem is Mac specific?

I probably am missing something, could you elaborate more?

BTW, it seems Lukas is using the reference BLAS implementation
while I am using ATLAS from MacPorts built with gcc4.7.

It is not a bullet-proof case, but the fact that using a different
blas library with exactly the same octave executable switches
behavior from "good" to "bad" suggests that this particular library
is a culprit. Of course it is still possible that some particular blas library
merely expose a bug in the octave source code.

Dmitri.