Re: [RFC] build with OpenMP by default?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: [RFC] build with OpenMP by default?
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 22:07:43 -0400

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 08:48:40 +0900, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
> In the thread
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/octave-install-td4663500.html
>
> Octave build failed with hdf5-openmp on Ubuntu.
> I would like to try to build octave with openmp on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
>
> If there are some tips, it would be good for me that you tell them.

I think you mean openmpi, not openmp. OpenMP and Open MPI are actually
two different things with unfortunately similar names :)

I wasn't paying attention to that other thread, but it should be
possible to use Octave with libhdf5-openmpi. I'll respond to that
thread separately with some ideas.

--
mike