Re: Contribution

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Contribution
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 02:30:42 +0100

On 9 August 2014 18:17, Erasmo Alonso Iglesias <address@hidden> wrote:
> this is my first time in the octave-maintainers list, my Sourceforge
> username is erasmo1982. I have developed a small set of tools for handling
> DEM files with Octave that may be useful for other people.
>
> In brief, these tools allow the user to load digital elevation models in
> SRTM format, plot terrain profiles, calculate coverage maps and export data
> in STL format.
>
> Would it be of interest for you? What is the procedure to contribute with
> them?

These functions sound to me like they should go into the mapping
package. Unfortunately, at the time there is no maintainer for it. Are
there any functions in Matlab that do what you propose? If so, you
should try to make them compatible. The procedure is to submit these
as patches in the Octave's patch tracker [1]. Ideally, you would clone
the mapping package [2], and submit hg changesets (made with the
command "hg export") [3].

Carne

[1] http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?group=octave
[2] http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/mapping/ci/default/tree/