Re: New release of the STK toolbox / request for inclusion in OF

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: New release of the STK toolbox / request for inclusion in OF
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 20:54:06 +0100

On 30 September 2014 19:42, Julien Bect <address@hidden> wrote:
> Version 2.2.0 of the STK toolbox: https://sourceforge.net/projects/kriging
> has just been released.
>
> Its HTML documentation, generated using the generate_html package, can be
> browsed here: http://kriging.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/.
>
> I would love to have STK distributed as an Octave Forge package.

Sounds like a good idea.  I have created a clone of your repository on Octave
Forge [1], and given you push access to Octave Forge.

> All the points raised in a previous discussion:
>
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Requirements-for-releasing-the-STK-toolbox-as-an-Octave-forge-package-tp4661779.html
>
> have been carefully addressed (except for the "non flat" directory
> structure), so I hope it'll be ok this time.

You mean the organization on the repository or the released package?

The first is definitely not a requirement, it's just the most common
organization because it mimics the released package. It works well for
most packages but becomes unwieldy when a package becomes too large.

The second you can work around it with PKG_ADD and PKG_DEL scripts, which
is what you do, and it's also acceptable.  It is not a requirement, but I
dislike it because it makes things more complex and likely to fail.
I much prefer a script that is ran by the package maintainer at time of
release that reorganizes the repository into a package fit for distribution.
But the choice is left to the package maintainer, you don't have to change
it if you don't want to.

> A package tarball is currently available from SourceForge
> (stk-2.2.0-octpkg.tar.gz):
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/kriging/files/stk/
>
> I also have the html doc ready for the Octave Forge web site, I will send it
> by email if it's ok.

I have received this and uploaded them to the Octave Forge website [2].

Carnë

[1] http://hg.code.sf.net/p/octave/stk
[2] http://octave.sourceforge.net/stk/index.html