Becoming a Forge Developer

From: JD Walsh
Subject: Becoming a Forge Developer
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 13:17:56 -0400

Hi! I'm a PhD candidate in Mathematics at Georgia Tech, and right now my thesis work involves a LOT of Octave programming. I came across a problem with the `cmdscale' function in the Octave-Forge Statistics package and uploaded a patch for it (Patch 8559 at https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8559). A copy of the submitted patch file is attached.

I'd like to make more ongoing contributions: if nothing else, when I was preparing `cmdscale' for submission I noticed that the closely-related MatLab functions `mdscale' and `procrustes' are both missing from Octave-Forge-Statistics. The online info about becoming a Forge Developer said I should post a request here, but the page is a little outdated (the references to `svn' on that page made cloning the current source ``interesting'').

Am I in the right place? If so, I hope you like the submission (and my SourceForge ID is the same one I'm using on Savannah: jdwalsh). If I'm in the wrong place, can anyone tell me where to submit this request?

Either way, thanks for all your great work on Octave!

--JD