Octave Console Free and Octave Console Premium on iOS

From: Apps Embedded
Subject: Octave Console Free and Octave Console Premium on iOS
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 21:01:24 +0100

Hi,

We have developped an iOS app that is based on GNU octave.

There are limitations but the core of Octave is working. For exemple, graphics are not supported.

We have published the code under GPL v3 licence and made accessible all the source code necessary to build the iOS app.

Could you have a look to the app on iOS and tell us if there is no legal issue with this project ?
Can we freely use the Octave word in the app name or should we get an authorization to use it ?

Thanks for your help.

Apps Embedded Team.