Re: error when installing io package

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: error when installing io package
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 11:02:28 -0600

On 01/15/2015 09:40 AM, Carnë Draug wrote:

Because the same PKG_ADD file is added to both the oct and m files directory.
Since chk_spreadsheet_support is only on the directory with m files, if the
directory of oct files is added to the path, it won't find
chk_spreadsheet_support.

This used to be the problem, I'm not sure if still is.

The reason we separate the .oct files and the .m files is to conform to guidelines like the Linux filesystem standards, which prefer to separate architecture independent and dependent files. But since we have packages that mix both types of files, maybe we need a way to say "add this set of directories to the load path as a group" instead of adding them individually? Either that, or the PKG_ADD and PKG_DEL files should ensure that any corresponding dependent directories are added before the remainder of the PKG_ADD or PKG_DEL file is executed?