Re: Mac OS Binary

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: Mac OS Binary
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 08:14:47 -0800 (PST)

Alexander Hansen-2 wrote
> Fink displays the license that we apply for each package in our online
> package database, e.g.
>
> http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/szip
> <http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/szip>
>
> I’m surprised that the other systems don’t do the same thing.

I do not know why homebrew is not doing that and yes this is a pity but even
if we would know the licenses, the question remains which ones would cause
trouble? Anyone knows?

@Carlo: do you recall which packages you included in the old mac binary?
what about the windows binary?

If other package managers are better suited, is anyone willing to create a
mac binary based on fink or macports any time soon? If not, is anyone
willing to help checking the licenses?

Bye
Sebastian