LSODE comparison

From: Mario de Sá Vera
Subject: LSODE comparison
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 11:43:35 -0300

Folks,

I am currently working on a modelling tool that requires Differential Equations solving and I came up to Octave as a good alternative. I work under supervision of Phd Dan Marchesin and he had past experiences with LSODE (Fortran original implementation) alternatives that were very frustrating regarding restrictions over LSODE that blocked the usage of these alternatives.

We are still using the Fortran release and wish to move up to Octave due to maintainability issues but in order not to have another frustrating experience I ask for some comparison between Octave and LSODE. I was unable to find this information in the cloud.

thanks in advance,

Mario.