pytave: docs for building on Windows

From: Colin Macdonald
Subject: pytave: docs for building on Windows
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 14:07:52 -0700

Abhinav,

Here are some notes I thought of, regarding documenting your efforts to get PyTave building on Windows:

1. Please write this so that someone who has no idea what "mxe", "msys2", "mingw", "cygwin" are (*cough* me *cough*).

2. However, you don't have to explain what everything is, just provide links and try to document as precisely as possibly what you tried. (e.g., what directories you install things into, what files you edited, etc).

3. An "executive summary" of a few sentences of what the current blocks are (e.g., is it the boost dependency?)

4. A summary of other approaches you tried that didn't work (and if you remember, what went wrong).

5. Should we do this on the wiki? That way, others (e.g., Tatsuro) can modify too.

6.  Incomplete is better than never, early-and-often, etc.

thanks,
Colin