Re: Obsolete octcdf

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Obsolete octcdf
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 00:05:26 +0000

On 20 December 2016 at 08:27, Alexander Barth <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
> For quite a time the functionality of the octcdf package has been
> superseded by the netcdf package. I propose to remove the octcdf
> package from the official package list and to place it in the
> unmaintained section (unless somebody wants to maintain it). Maybe we
> can add a note next to the package name such as "replaced by the
> netcdf package".
>
> Regards,
> Alex

It is now done [1].  This is a PHP array [2] which is used to skip
packages when generating the list of icons on the main packages
page [3] and then used again to generate the list of unmaintained
packages at the bottom of that page.  Because of that, it is not
possible to add some extra text in front of the package name to make
note of netcdf as replacement (well, not possible without changes to
how the page is generated).

You could add a note to the list of "Removed or moved packages" [4]
Just push to the project-web repo whatever text you would like to
have and then I will push it live.

Carnë

[1] http://hg.code.sf.net/p/octave/project-web/rev/6908d09b3b14
[2]