Re: Implications of indexing changes for code that calls Fortran

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Implications of indexing changes for code that calls Fortran
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 01:41:59 -0800 (PST)

John W. Eaton wrote
> On 01/02/2017 06:21 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
>
>> Finding the places where this can happen is mostly a matter of looking
>> for F77_FUNC or F77_XFCN and fixing the declarations of integers that
>> are passed to the Fortran subroutines.  I've already done most of the
>> Octave Forge code that I know about.  I'm not exactly sure yet how to
>> submit the changes as I may not have a valid Source Forge login now.
>
> I'm attaching my changes.  Could someone help me get these applied in
> the upstream Octave Forge packages?  The affected packages are:
>
>    control
>    linear-algebra
>    nlwing2
>    odepkg
>    optim
>    optiminterp
>    tisean

The patch for OF linear-algebra would only be required for Octave-4.2.0.
What about the work done recently on gsvd in core Octave (for 4.3.0+) that
would obviate the changes to gsvd in the linear-algebra package?
See:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=48807

The linear-algebra package could use an update anyway.  2.2.2 shadows
condeig in core Octave and there is also a doc patch pending that needs to
be applied (merely typo fixes, see patch #8643), that I wanted to push
shortly before a linear-algebra-2.2.3 was to be released.
But we need a way to drop gsvd from the linear-algebra package for Octave >
4.2.x to avoid shadowing the one in core.

Pilip

Philip