Re: help --list incorrect on stable

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: help --list incorrect on stable
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 15:20:25 -0500

It looks like there are two sources of keyword lists. One is from the list of keywords used by gperf (minus "get" and "set") and the other appears in help.cc as a list of strings. I think the correct list is the one from gperf since that list has to be modified to introduce a new keyword into the language and the list in help.cc should be eliminated.

Since the "master" list of keywords appears in C++ (from gperf) I would rather not duplicate it in a .m file.

It also seems to me that it would be useful to have a C++ function that creates a std::list<std::string> object containing keywords, and that should be used wherever else it is useful. I agree with Mike that it is weird that iskeyword returns the list. Having __keywords__ around as an alias doesn't bother me.