Re: odepkg gone on octaveforge?

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: odepkg gone on octaveforge?
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2017 17:16:31 +0000

> On 30 Aug 2017, at 13:07, ch <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> on the package page of octave forge
> ( https://octave.sourceforge.io/packages.php ) I cannot find the
> "odepkg". It is neither in the active or unmaintained section. The only
> place the term odepkg appears is in the credits. What happened to odepkg
> or is this just an mistake?
>
> Thanks
>
> Christian

Hi,

Development of odepkg is going on here:

  https://bitbucket.org/odepkg/odepkg/src

There has been some recent progress thanks to help in testing by Thomas Dean,
but there are still some issues especially with inline documentation, as you
can see from another thread I just started on this list.

If you'd like to try out the current version of the package you can get it as
follows:

  [fname, success] = urlwrite
("https://bitbucket.org/odepkg/odepkg/get/default.tar.gz";, fullfile (P_tmpdir,
"odepkg.tar.gz"));
  assert (success)
  pkg ("install", fname)

this assumes you are using a release version of Octave, if you are using a
development snapshot, you shoud use the following instead

  [fname, success] = urlwrite
("https://bitbucket.org/odepkg/odepkg/get/default.tar.gz";, fullfile (P_tmpdir,
"odepkg.tar.gz"));
  assert (success)
  pkg ("install", fname)

if you do test, feedback is very welcome.
c.