Re: GUI on MacOS X !

From: Simone Deparis
Subject: Re: GUI on MacOS X !
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 14:06:11 +0200

On 24.09.17 14:03, Sebastian Schöps wrote:
Am 24.09.2017 um 13:49 schrieb Ben Abbott <address@hidden>:
On Sep 24, 2017, at 7:26 AM, Sebastian Schöps <address@hidden> wrote:
The GUI hangs when I quit, so its not “stable” yet.

This is also what I observe since more than half a year. Octave hangs on
exit:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?50025
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?50795

Homebrew has stopped shipping the GUI. I did not see any change recently.
However, I am compiling with qt5.9. Maybe this makes a difference.

By the way: to my knowledge we should drop support for qt4 as it is
unsupported and has many knows bugs.

I’m still using Qt4 because I was never able to complete a successful build wth
Qt5 (via Fink).

If there are any maintainers on MacOS who would like to get the gui working,
now may be a good opportunity.

I like to add that we have - thanks to Simone Deparis - an macOS development
machine... dear qt experts, please help!

Sebastian

As discussed with Sebastian, I have upgraded the MacMini. If needed, I can give access to other developers, please let me know.

Thanks!

Simone

  Simone Deparis, PhD, MER
  Deputy Director SMA