Re: GUI on MacOS X !

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: GUI on MacOS X !
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2017 11:07:39 -0400

> On Oct 2, 2017, at 10:25 AM, Sebastian Schöps <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Dear Ben,
>
>> On 23.09.2017 Daniel J Sebald <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> That may not be a Mac OS X specific problem, just generally that Octave
>> clean up at exit isn't quite correct yet for the Qt GUI.  There has been a
>> change to objects now rather than static variables.  Perhaps those changes
>> have enabled your GUI, but still need perfecting.  If you have an error
>> message, create a bug report.
>
> Daniel's patch at https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?50025 works for me. I
> created a new macOS dmg build and uploaded it to
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzjbykxkqxr402h/octave_gui_430_applebas.dmg?dl=0
>
> It contains a recent snapshot and the patch (md5sum
> ab7f41944d441d1b7c0068a3c7e18511). Please test!
>
> Thanks and Bye
> Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for taking a look. I a big work crisis surprised me since my last email.
I had hoped to work on this as well, but that will need to wait.

However, I do have time for testing.

The 4.3.0 version does not open for me. I'm on a borrowed Mac.  The bundle did
verify and I went to System Preferences to bypass the security measures, but
after that there was no response.

I am able to run the old 4.0.3 GUI version.

Ben