Re: [octave-forge] bioinfo package (previous reasons to set it to unmain

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: [octave-forge] bioinfo package (previous reasons to set it to unmaintained?)
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 21:03:42 +0100

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 10:23:15PM +0100, Alois Schloegl wrote:
> Dear octave maintainers,
>
> the bioinfo package is currently unmaintained [1]. Nevertheless, i've
> added the functions fastaread, fastqread and graphtraverse in the
> repository, and I'd like to prepare a new release (v0.2.0).
>
> Cheers,
>   Alois

Again, nice to produce a release of this. Some remarks are at the tracker:

https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/322/

Does anybody remember if there was a specific reason to set this
package to unmaintained, except the long time without commits? The
last commit before Alois' was 2013, but AFAICS the package should
still have worked more or less...

Olaf