Mat files in 7.3 format

From: avlas
Subject: Mat files in 7.3 format
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2018 11:22:27 -0500

Hi,

You may know already, but for the case you don't and think this could be an
interesting add-on, I just wanted to let you know about the MATLAB MAT File I/O
Library (https://github.com/tbeu/matio), which supports Mat v. 7.3 format.

This is important for improving the compatibility between GNU Octave and
MATLAB, mainly in what refers to saving variables that are > 2GB.

I don't know if you currently have the man power and interest to prioritize
this, but I thought it was sth interesting to propose... (perhaps even as
Google summer of code project).

Thanks for considering

a.