Re: Focus of variable editor when opening a variable

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: Focus of variable editor when opening a variable
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 22:04:41 +0100

On 07.02.2018 20:39, PhilipNienhuis wrote:
> Torsten-3 wrote
>> I am wondering whether it is intended that the variable editor does not
>> get focus when a variable is opened for editing. Should this be changed
>> or at least a preference be added, which controls this behavior?
>
> Getting focus looks obvious to me. Matlab also works that way.
> A pref may be useful but then with default setting that it does get focus?
> But then again we already have so many prefs.
>
> Philip

Yes, I would also prefer a solution without adding a new preference. The
only case I can imagine where one would not like to have the focus
switching automatically to the variable editor is when one wants to open
several variables before using the variable editor.

Maybe we should add the possibility to open all selected variables in
the workspace view at a time.

Torsten