Re: Documentation creation requires Qt offscreen OpenGL rendering. Canno

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Documentation creation requires Qt offscreen OpenGL rendering. Cannot package distribution!
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2018 11:21:45 -0700

On Mon, Apr 02, 2018 at 11:02:16 -0700, PhilipNienhuis wrote:
> On my desktop I cannot build a dist target anymore, I get an error message;
>
> "Documentation creation requires Qt offscreen OpenGL rendering.  Cannot
> package distribution!"
>
> Until Mar 23 I was able to build w/o issue (= date of last mxe-octave
> cross-build for which I need a dist target).
> Starting anew with a fresh clone of the repo makes no difference.
> Intriguingly, on my laptop with exactly the same setup, "make dist" just
> works. I checked all lib64qt5 libraries and -devel packages between desktop
> and laptop, they just match AFAICS.
>
> Some details:
> Mageia-6 Linux 64bit, fully up-to-date
> Qt 5.6.2
> NVidia graphics HW with Nouveau driver (laptop has intel graphics)
> Command sequence:
> ./path/to/configure --without-osmesa && make -j5 && make dist
> Trying with just "configure" I get osmesa issues with "pencil' etc.
>
> Where can I look to get this solved?

Check config.h for HAVE_QT_OFFSCREEN. If that's zero or undefined, that
explains the error.

That is tied to the configure message

  checking whether Qt supports full offscreen OpenGL rendering...

If you are getting errors from osmesa, that indicates that there is a
problem with your Qt libraries, or possibly your OpenGL driver, because
normally configure doesn't look for osmesa if Qt offscreen OpenGL
rendering works.

I am interested to see exactly which configure test fails and why, from
your config.log.

--
mike