Class method access control lists

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Class method access control lists
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 12:32:10 +0100

Matlab supports restricting classdef classes method access to a list of other classes, see:

https://uk.mathworks.com/help/matlab/matlab_oop/selective-access-to-class-methods.html

In a (fairly old, 4.1.0+) dev version I am using this does not appear to be present in Octave. I attach and example/test case. Should I submit a bug report?

In the example, running test_octave_method_access_control.m should display 'Access granted' on the command line (and does so in Matlab R2016b). In Octave it results in the error:

error: invalid property/method access in class `testMethodAccess1'

Regards,

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.