Re: typeinfo

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: typeinfo
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 14:05:19 +0000

> On 13 Apr 2018, at 13:24, Ernst Reissner <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On 04/13/2018 11:50 AM, Carlo De Falco wrote:
>>
>> Yes, new types can be registered with the C++ API.
>> This feature is used by some extension packages.
>>
>> c.
>
> Ah, Thank you..
>
> Could you point me to the description in the octave manual?
>
> Thank you.

Hi,

I'm not sure whether that is documented anywhere in the manual,
but there is an example in the source tree that shows how it's
done:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/fa9993b55617/examples/code/make_int.cc

a few packages use this, I can't remember exactly which ones off the top of my
head,
but for sure the MPI package does:

https://gitserver.mate.polimi.it/redmine/attachments/download/66/mpi-2.2.0.tar.gz

c.