Re: 4.4 prerelease pkg rebuild warnings

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: 4.4 prerelease pkg rebuild warnings
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 13:07:43 -0400

On 04/24/2018 12:47 PM, Nicholas Jankowski wrote:
Not sure where this is coming from, but with the 4.3.90, windows zipfile, running a pkg rebuild to get the package list on a fresh install produces:

 >> pkg rebuild
warning: pkg: skipping invalid line in DESCRIPTION file
warning: called from
     get_description at line 48 column 9
     rebuild at line 52 column 12
     pkg at line 539 column 25
warning: pkg: skipping invalid line in DESCRIPTION file
warning: called from
     get_description at line 48 column 9
     rebuild at line 52 column 12
     pkg at line 539 column 25
warning: pkg: skipping invalid line in DESCRIPTION file
warning: called from
     get_description at line 48 column 9
     rebuild at line 52 column 12
     pkg at line 539 column 25
warning: pkg: skipping invalid line in DESCRIPTION file
warning: called from
     get_description at line 48 column 9
     rebuild at line 52 column 12
     pkg at line 539 column 25
warning: pkg: duplicate keyword "buildrequires" in DESCRIPTION, ignoring
warning: called from
     get_description at line 59 column 11
     rebuild at line 52 column 12
     pkg at line 539 column 25

afterward the package list does seem correctly populated.

Thanks, I used the pkg -verbose rebuild and it looks like all of these are coming from the geometry package. Can you confirm? I'll take a look at patching this in mxe-octave.

jwe
-