Re: Octave-Forge: Redesign with responsive layout

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Octave-Forge: Redesign with responsive layout
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2018 17:12:15 +0200

On Sat, Sep 1, 2018 at 1:46 PM avlas <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Oliver,

Great work on the web. [...]

Best

a.

Dear Oliver,

I can only second everyone's opinion about the new Octave Forge website: It looks great!  Thank you for the effort!

Another small addition for the (never ending? ^^) list of improvements was to use the "soft" links [1] and [2] instead of "hard coded" version number "4.2" for the Octave Doxygen documentation.  The affected location is the "C++ API" link on https://octave.sourceforge.io/docs.php .

This way you throw back the maintenance burden to me or another website maintainer to keep the information up-to-date.  Today I uploaded a fresh Doxygen for "stable" and "dev" (which should have happened after the release ^^), see [3].

Best,
Kai.

P.S.: Regarding your discussion with Carnë. If your layout is finial, maybe we can consider a JS-free version for octave.org as well?

[1]: https://octave.org/doxygen/stable/
[2]: https://octave.org/doxygen/dev/
[3]: https://wiki.octave.org/Doxygen