Re: configure --help

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: configure --help
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 13:52:17 -0500

On 2/5/19 12:34 PM, Rik wrote:
The last lines from running configure --help are

Report bugs to <https://octave.org/bugs.html>.
GNU Octave home page: <https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/>.
General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>.

The link for bugs is not actually where you report bugs.  It is a page
about HOW to report a bug.  Should we change the language in configure?

Should it say "How to report bugs: <...> ?

I still think it should link to the how to report bugs page instead of directly to a form to submit a bug report. Call me crazy, but I have some hope that people will read at least some of that info and maybe submit better reports because of it.

Also, the first two links use https, while the laste is plain old http.
Any reason?

No, if https works, then we should list that.