Bug reports for for versions < 5.1.0

From: Rik
Subject: Bug reports for for versions < 5.1.0
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 09:16:52 -0800

All,

How should we handle bug reports for versions of Octave that are now
deprecated (< 5.1.0)?  I'm not thinking of reports which identify a
particular missing feature in Octave.  Instead, there seem to be a lot of
reports about issues which have since been fixed and are tied only to a
specific version (for example, slow start-up of the GUI on Windows in
4.4.0).  My proposal would be to close them all as some distros do when a
version becomes obsolete and have users file a new bug report against a new
version of Octave if the behavior can still be found.

--Rik